Car is booked in for a remap!

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
mattb_srivx

Car is booked in for a remap!

Post by mattb_srivx » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:08 pm

Finally decided to take the plunge and get my Corsa E 1.4T remapped. Booked in this Saturday :D

I had been toying with the idea of getting rid and getting something hot hatch again but then decided I can't be bothered with the mess about :lol:

I do like the Corsa so hopefully the extra power along with improving the handling eventually (thinking eibach springs) will keep me entertained for a few more years.

Not really chasing figures but hoping for anything between 155-170bhp, seems to be the norm on these with no other modifications.

I think there's one or two 1.4Ts on here that have been mapped from memory reading a few other threads? I'm just hoping if I drive it normally it won't ruin the MPG too much :lol:
Corsa 1.4 TURBO

Rickardo

Re: Car is booked in for a remap!

Post by Rickardo » Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:34 pm

How much has your insurance increase by?

DarrenKC53

Post by DarrenKC53 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Won't this kill the gearbox? They seem good at self destrictiob even at normal power levels

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:57 pm

My insurance won't go up by much in fairness, but I do have 10 years no claims! Rang them the other day and I think it was about £55-£60 more over the year it worked out as.

Gearbox will be fine, a remap on these is well within the maximum specified torque for the box. It's folk who don't drive them with a bit of mechanical sympathy that tend to destroy them :lol: so fairly confident it'll be OK. If it's gonna go it's gonna go, could go pop at normal power! Just luck of the draw.
Corsa 1.4 TURBO

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:12 pm

Well I had it mapped today by SGR Performance in Manchester, wow what a difference! :D

Chose SGR because they've done numerous Corsa E 1.4T with good results (check out their FB page) and no horror stories reading reviews online and doing a bit of research on them.

Really transforms the car. Anyone with a 1.4T would be mad not to get it mapped, so long as it don't push the insurance too high.

Really is like a completely different car to drive. Drive it normally and it feels pretty much the same below 3000rpm but the pull once the turbo kicks in is a bit more dramatic and there is really nice power between 4000rpm and 6000rpm now, whereas before it used to die after 4000rpm.
Corsa 1.4 TURBO

srihaggis

Post by srihaggis » Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Will be interested to hear what your fuel consumption figures are like, as well as any noticible difference in tyre usage, eg extra pulling power wearing the treads down?

I clocked onto that garage too, got a quote last year but I was just waiting to see if the good reviews went to bad ones :lol:

I'm only looking at it for the fuel consumption side of things, 1.4T is nice but I feel it does drink a fair amount compared to my van.
MY16 1.4 Auto Energy 5 door Persian Blue, OnStar & Intellilink 4.0.

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:30 pm

srihaggis wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 11:03 pm
Will be interested to hear what your fuel consumption figures are like, as well as any noticible difference in tyre usage, eg extra pulling power wearing the treads down?

I clocked onto that garage too, got a quote last year but I was just waiting to see if the good reviews went to bad ones :lol:

I'm only looking at it for the fuel consumption side of things, 1.4T is nice but I feel it does drink a fair amount compared to my van.
Yeah, it's a bit too early to tell. I did use half a tank since I got it done over the weekend blasting about :lol:

Before the map I used to average about 40-42MPG on my commute which is a 23 mile round trip on mostly A roads and dual carriageways. Reset the trip this morning and it's showing 39.4MPG at the moment, but that's just one run. Be interesting to see if it goes much worse, I know the black/red editions are 5MPG down. I think so long as I don't abuse the extra power at every opportunity it won't be too bad, same with tyres really.

My friend has a Fiesta Black edition with the 1 litre 3 cylinder ecoboost and that's not really any better than the Corsas on fuel surprisingly.

If your van is a diesel I can believe it. My old Fabia vRS used to nudge 50MPG without really trying. Sadly as good as petrols have got they're still not quite there yet.
Corsa 1.4 TURBO

srihaggis

Post by srihaggis » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:33 pm

mattb_srivx wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:30 pm
Yeah, it's a bit too early to tell. I did use half a tank since I got it done over the weekend blasting about :lol:

Before the map I used to average about 40-42MPG on my commute which is a 23 mile round trip on mostly A roads and dual carriageways. Reset the trip this morning and it's showing 39.4MPG at the moment, but that's just one run. Be interesting to see if it goes much worse, I know the black/red editions are 5MPG down. I think so long as I don't abuse the extra power at every opportunity it won't be too bad, same with tyres really.

My friend has a Fiesta Black edition with the 1 litre 3 cylinder ecoboost and that's not really any better than the Corsas on fuel surprisingly.

If your van is a diesel I can believe it. My old Fabia vRS used to nudge 50MPG without really trying. Sadly as good as petrols have got they're still not quite there yet.
Keep on top of the MPG figures (or better still just how many miles to a tank you get roughly), that will help. I'm not interested in it for the extra power it's more the fuel economy.

Yes my van is a diesel, Corsa D van, 08reg 85k on the clock. Spent quite a bit on getting it the way I want it, but it's a decent little motor.
MY16 1.4 Auto Energy 5 door Persian Blue, OnStar & Intellilink 4.0.

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:36 am

srihaggis wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:33 pm
Keep on top of the MPG figures (or better still just how many miles to a tank you get roughly), that will help. I'm not interested in it for the extra power it's more the fuel economy.

Yes my van is a diesel, Corsa D van, 08reg 85k on the clock. Spent quite a bit on getting it the way I want it, but it's a decent little motor.
Yeah, if your just after getting it mapped for fuel economy I'm not sure it would be worth it. I know some places can do economy maps so it might be worth asking, but these are mapped quite heavily for economy from the factory so not really sure they could improve on that side of it.
Corsa 1.4 TURBO

ross4463

Post by ross4463 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:17 pm

Hi,

Just wondered how you are getting on with the Remap? I've recently bought a 1.4T 100. happy with the power but after reading some posts i cant help but wanting one now :lol: would you recommend it?

Cheers

Return to “Modifications”