Engine juddering

Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Seronix843

Re: Engine juddering

Post by Seronix843 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:57 am

Hi,

I’m having a similar problem with my 65 corsa LE 1.4, but just with the engine juddering, sometimes heavy but there hasn’t been a service light come on yet, although it’s probably only a matter of time.

Could I go to the dealership now with a limited warranty and complain about the juddering, and get the spark plugs/ coil pack? Or should I wait for the service light to come on? The warranty expires in November.

chemistman

Post by chemistman » Fri Aug 23, 2019 2:39 pm

Go now - it might be something more serious than the coil pack, and a juddering engine will throw more load on the gearbox and all of its bearings as well as being unpleasant to drive.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Just replaced mine after 30k mileage as starting to idle rough/esc message came up

Fell apart when i took it out :lol:

More pep in the engine now.

Hopefully fuel consumption may be better

devon556

Post by devon556 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:01 pm

I have a similar problem with my 2015 SE auto, but only seems to happen after she's been stuck in heavy traffic and at speeds between 0 and 1/2mph. The car just violently judders as if its going to stall, but doesn't, The second you either stop the car or accelerate hard, it goes away.

Not sure if this is the coil pack, or someone else mentioned a fuel flow issue caused by the ECU? I bought it almost a year ago with just under 10k miles and have done around 16k miles since I bought it. It's going into the dealership in two weeks so hopefully they can find the fault, but I'm expecting they'll just plug the diagnostics tool in, find no fault code and say its fine!
2015 Corsa SE 1.4 90PS Automatic.

Return to “Engine and Drivetrain”