1.4T 150 remap?

All Corsa E related discussions
PawCat

Re: 1.4T 150 remap?

Post by PawCat » Tue May 15, 2018 7:22 pm

mattb_srivx wrote:
Tue May 15, 2018 6:51 pm
If your going to do it, I would wait until AFTER the first service. Reason being is that they do give the car a good check over to make sure everything's running right. They also check for any recalls and you can also request them to check for any software updates for the ECU and intellilink. Might as well get all that done and know the car is sweet first.

Ordinarly on a service it wouldn't be plugged into diagnostics unless you've reported an issue that requires an ECU read. I'm also not sure dealer level diagnostics will be able to tell an ECU has been messed with. They might be able to get the log files off it and compare to standard however which would show up that something has changed.

That's the risk you take having a car that's under 3 years old remapped. It will void the warranty on the engine/gearbox/drivetrain should it be discovered.
thank you so much for the quick and detailed reply...i'm thinking its best to not do it as car is only 2 months old...
1.4 Turbo White Edition

WhiteEditionDan

Post by WhiteEditionDan » Tue May 15, 2018 7:23 pm

If you don’t mind me asking, where do you live? I haven’t seen any white editions. Had mine for around 1 month 2 weeks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srihaggis

Post by srihaggis » Wed May 16, 2018 5:30 pm

Going to look at doing mine in the new year. Just waiting to see how everybody elses mapped vehicles fare first.
MY16 1.4 Auto Energy 5 door Persian Blue, OnStar & Intellilink 4.0.

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”