Front Wiper Issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
Sprout

Front Wiper Issues

Post by Sprout » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:36 am

Hi All,

New to the Forum here.

We purchased 2 new Corsa Energy 1.4a/c just before xmas, one of them is fine but mine has a wiper issue.

The car has had two issues:

1. wipers not returning to the rest position properly or going off the screen when the auto wiper fast speed kicked in. (resolved on the second visit to the dealer with a new linkage fitted).

2. the second issue which is still unresolved is that when the wipers are going at fast speed there is a clonking/creak/clonking noise coming from the area around the wiper mount on the bulkhead. The dealer has seen the car twice since the linkage replacement and have adjusted the rake of the arms but still the noise. The car is gping in again next week to be looked at.

Can anyone advise on this, as the dealer says they have never had this issue, but I guess this is a standard response!! the car is only on 2000miles, and has been in 5 times for this...

Please help

Sprout

Re: Front Wiper Issues

Post by Sprout » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:01 am

UPDATE:

This has now been passed to Vauxhall Technical and customer services as the dealer has looked at the car again this week having agreed that I have an issue with it, and have now said its a "characteristic of the car"... Does this make it right and acceptable?

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:54 pm

No really as if one of the Corsa's you bought is fine and the other isn't then clearly something is wrong.

Sprout

Post by Sprout » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:55 pm

Update,

Vauxhall Customer Services have said that they have spoken to Technical and all corsa's to varying degrees have this clonking noise, and it is a characteristic of the car. To this end they refuse to do anything about it, and have advised i speak to the dealer as this should have been highlighted at the point of sale so would class as mis selling... Easy get out clause for Vauxhall...

chemistman

Post by chemistman » Sat Jun 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Sounds like a good question to ask when you buy a car is...."What characteristics does this model have which might give me cause for concern in the future?" If you can record the answer on a smartphone then there will be no comeback if a "characteristic of the car" fault occurs later.

Return to “Faults & Technical”