Help with parts :/ do vxr parts fit my 1.4T?

For all Corsa-E Modification chat
mattb_srivx

Re: Help with parts :/ do vxr parts fit my 1.4T?

Post by mattb_srivx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:13 pm

Airtec do an intercooler specifically for the 1.4T
Enhance performance do a de-cat and exhaust system for the 1.4T
The above should see 190-200bhp when mapped with good quality fuel

As mentioned, it's worth looking at the suspension and brakes because as standard they aren't great. You don't need to go daft to make a nice improvement.

Eibach springs are good without completely destroying the ride comfort like some cheaper springs or coilovers can.
Brakes wise braided lines and fresh fluid will give a slight improvement. Your never going to make a huge difference unless you go for a larger diameter disc really.
Tyres, important and often overlooked. Pointless getting your car to good power/handling then putting budget ditch-finder tyres on :lol:
Corsa SRi-VXLine 1.4T

M400WST

Post by M400WST » Tue Jan 08, 2019 5:15 pm

Bogbrush wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:16 pm
Great post - eminently sensible! The 150bhp 1.4T has different (larger diameter) brakes from the 100bhp so anyone (like me) considering a remap to circa 150bhp should always look at stopping power but make the mods inside factory parameters. There have been too many accidents caused by the well intentioned fitting powerful disks to the rear of their little Corsa because they look cool compared with drums. The problem is that over braking the rear can induce the car to spin in adverse weather
Totally agree, it's all good looking cool. But when upgrading the brakes get some one who knows what there are doing to spec and fit them as like you say you need the bias so match factory parameters.
2018 Vauxhall Corsa E 1.4T 100 Energy - Adapted by Opel Scanner
2011 Porsche Boxster 2.9 PDK

MaGiikzZx

Post by MaGiikzZx » Tue Jan 08, 2019 7:55 pm

Thanks all
1.4T [100] Sri Vx-line Stage 1 Remap.

Return to “Modifications”