Corsa vs Fiesta - did you compare?

All Corsa E related discussions
All_Black

Corsa vs Fiesta - did you compare?

Post by All_Black » Fri Jun 07, 2019 9:03 pm

Seems like Ford get all the "best" awards in this class, are the reviewers being paid off?

I tried a Fiesta and simply wasn't impressed. The handling wasn't great, the dash was an enormous plastic mountain, when I tried the Corsa afterwards it was night and day better.

I'd like to hear any other opinions, if you've driven both - what swayed your opinion towards the Corsa?

A2B

Re: Corsa vs Fiesta - did you compare?

Post by A2B » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:43 am

Fords in general don't have enough headroom or legroom for me.
The local Ford dealer isn't as good as the local Vauxhall dealer.
Fords are still prone to rusting in their middle age.
Ecoboost engines seem to use more fuel than the larger naturally-aspirated engines they replaced, contrary to the lab-based tests.
I also have reservations about longer-term reliability of direct injection downsized turbocharged engines.

mattb_srivx

Post by mattb_srivx » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:58 pm

In the Fiestas you do feel a lot more cocooned in, viability also isn't as good as the Corsa. But they do tend to feel sportier to drive as the seats hold you better and you sit a little lower I feel.

Interesting you say that the handling wasn't that good. My mate had a Mk7 Fiesta Black edition with the 140bhp 1 litre ecoboost, not sure if the suspension was different to the normal ones but it ran rings round my Corsa and felt a lot more planted when pushing on.
He's now got a New Mk8 Fiesta ST and that's a great little car, I think I'd rather have one over the Corsa VXR if I'm honest.

Both the Corsa and the Fiesta have pros and cons and a lot of it is down to personal preference.

My reason for getting the Corsa was value for money and how new a car I could get for my budget. I paid 9k for mine a few years ago, it was a year old, had just 2k miles on and pretty much all the extras, it was an ex showroom car. I couldn't get a Fiesta at the time for anywhere near that sort of mileage/age/condition. Before that I had hot hatches, but my first house purchase meant I needed something a bit more sensible to run.
Corsa 1.4 TURBO - 179bhp/203Ft.lbs

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:33 pm

Due to the ST and now RS model

Now that when have unlimited PCP rent brigade mob will be all over them

Nic157

Post by Nic157 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:00 pm

Easily my Corsa and I think my fiesta owning partner would agree.

They prefer the nippy nature and handling of the Corsa and the spec for the money.

I find the fiesta quite claustrophobic and I'm only 5'8 with a lack of headtoom and the general styling

Junx

Post by Junx » Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:12 pm

the fiesta is a lot nicer inside than the corsa but the gearbox and engine are terrible.

Return to “Main Corsa E chat”