Advice fitting accelerator pedal needed.

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
elsid

Advice fitting accelerator pedal needed.

Post by elsid » Sat Oct 05, 2019 10:29 am

My Corsa E 1.0T is suffering with the 'engine power is reduced' problem and I used a ODB2 device which gives fault code P2138 Throttle/Pedal Position Sensor/Switch D/E Voltage Correlation. It suffers this mainly on cold damp mornings and has been relativity trouble free during the summer months. I have purchased a new accelerator pedal part number 13305805 and could do with some advice on how best to fit it. I read somewhere you may need to disconnect the battery so that the ECU re-learns the pedal setting but I think that was for the Corsa D. Any advice appreciated.
Corsa Excite 5 door 1.0T 2015 (65 plate) Winter Pack.

elsid

Re: Advice fitting accelerator pedal needed.

Post by elsid » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:38 am

Is there no one here willing to share the knowledge...

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Thu Oct 10, 2019 10:54 pm

Had mine replaced but that was done under warranty

Yoshi

Post by Yoshi » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:59 pm

How did you get on?

elsid

Post by elsid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:23 am

A work colleague recommended his sons garage so I took a chance and the mechanic connected it to a diagnostic gadget for an hour and charged £50. He didn't do any other checks that I could see or look for loose wires on the engine. Even though it was cold and raining heavily, on this occasion my car did not go into 'engine on reduced power', but then it is an intermittent fault and the mechanic said he could not replicate it. So all he found was the same as my own ODB2. He said he had deleted the stored fault codes and re-calibrated the the accelerator and if it happens again it will need a new accelerator pedal. He also said a new version of the pedal has been released to stop the problem and it will need recalibrating. However I have also heard they are 'plug and play' and do not need re-calibration, so I will have to ask the Vauxhall dealer which is correct. I still have no explanation as to why it only happens when the engine is cold; when fully warmed up the engine runs normally for the rest of the day, which is why I am suspicious that it may not be the pedal so sent the pedal back and got a refund.

I found this video on YouTube, looks helpful.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Mon Dec 02, 2019 1:39 pm

You should have replaced the pedal as clearly there is a fault as VX modified the part

elsid

Post by elsid » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:35 pm

OK I will, its knowing if I am buying the updated the pedal or the old one.

Return to “Faults & Technical”