Lights on, low tyre pressure

Faults and Technical chat for the Corsa E
Rhodevans

Lights on, low tyre pressure

Post by Rhodevans » Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:14 pm

Hello,
Until recently my 2015 Corsa e has been running perfectly. Starting last week, intermittently the low tyre pressure warning light comes on and seems to choose one of the two front tyres to warn me about. I have checked these and they are both at the correct psi. Today I also noticed that even in direct sunlight the automatic lights are switched on. I have tried resetting the switch but when the automatic lights are switched back on the lights go back on.
I have searched round the internet and I cannot find anything which sheds any light on this.
Have anyone else on here had similar problems? And if so can you please share any advice or knowledge you may have.

I really appreciate it.

Rhod

fieldcj

Re: Lights on, low tyre pressure

Post by fieldcj » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi. Regarding the tyre pressure lights, mine has been coming on most mornings over the last week or so. I think it's got something to do with the cold weather as the pressures do increase back to where they should be after the car has been running for a while. Also, you need to make sure that the tyre pressures correspond with the correct ride weight setting to avoid the tyre pressure light being activated. Hope this helps? can't help with the lights situation as I don't have auto lights unfortunately

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk

Rhodevans

Post by Rhodevans » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:53 pm

Thanks. I've checked it an it's right. In addition when I got in to the car a few minutes ago. It said that it had switched the traction control on. My car doesn't have traction control. Aarrgh!
Thanks for your advice though. Looking more and more like a garage job.

paul04

Post by paul04 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:55 pm

I do find auto lights do have a mind of their own, like you, in direct sunlight and they stay on,
I've kind of got use to it now and just switch them off..

9 times out if 10 they do work ok, just every now and then they stay on, don't worry about it

M400WST

Post by M400WST » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:09 am

The TPMS will be weather related, I had it a few weeks ago when the weather started to drop. As the tyres warm up it will clear but if the weather stays cold it drop again and the TPMS will come back on.

I waited till the tyres were cold and then pumped it up to what it should be and haven't had any problems for a few weeks,

I'd be surprised if your car doesn't have traction control, it might be listed as ESP on the spec sheet. The EU made is standard for new cars in 2014.

Autolights can sometimes have a mind of there own, it could simply be that the sensor is dirty, so a good idea to keep your windscreen clean!
2018 Vauxhall Corsa E 1.4T 100 Energy - Adapted by Opel Scanner
2011 Porsche Boxster 2.9 PDK

Rhodevans

Post by Rhodevans » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:08 pm

Thanks for your response. Maybe it does have traction control. I assumed not because I don't appear to have an off switch for it.

Rickardo

Post by Rickardo » Mon Oct 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Read page 150 off the manual re Traction Control as your car should have it

What size tyre are yours. I have 16inch rims so inflate them to 34psi all round never had an issue with low pressure warnings

Autolights - can be temperamental

TheGeorge

Post by TheGeorge » Mon Oct 28, 2019 2:08 pm

In my experience, the pressure on the tire sensors is more often than not, correct. I'd double check the pressure gauge instead ... I had some tire places over-inflate my tires +0.2bar (+3 psi) because their gauge was off ... Is not out of reach to have -0.2bar error on other gauges.

As a note, the correct tire pressure is set at COLD conditions (low amount of running or in garage is best), since ALWAYS after starting, the tire will heat up a bit due to its flex and increase it's pressure.

So if you received a tire pressure warning at cold, which then went away after driving off, that doesn’t mean the problem went away. Especially if you were running 'Light' pressures, that means you are now running actually BELOW the normal tire pressure-for-temperature point, and are weakening/wearing out the tire faster (especially in it's side-wall).

In my car I typically run ECO pressures, so when the cold weather comes in (or the tires slowly lose pressure over the months) I simply switch to 'light', to clear the error, and know I have CORRECT pressures for 'light' on COLD tires. I have then a good period of buffer time to correct the pressure (or for the weather to improve ;) ).
Corsa E - 1.4T
MY 2016

stuntdouble

Post by stuntdouble » Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:55 pm

My auto lights also have a mind of there own on occasion and remain on or come on in bright light, To be fair my mates fiesta acts exactly the same. see quite a few other car makes with headlights on during great weather so were not alone.
MY15 Excite 1.0T A/C S/S Flame Red

bones85

Post by bones85 » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:08 pm

Hey
I to keep getting the tyre warning light come on.
So head back to vauxhall and the guy recalibrated them.
And nothing until a few days ago,
Apparently I have a over sensitive Car....
So headed back to my book.
So long story
So when the tyres throw the toys out of the pram. I'm going to find a relearn tool and help it to re-calibrate ..
According to the Book you need to this every 14 days 🤔

Return to “Faults & Technical”