No projection After Firmware Auto Update UK

All Corsa E related discussions
kazzoom12

Re: No projection After Firmware Auto Update UK

Post by kazzoom12 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 3:03 pm

I agree I also thought in my opinion they tried to rush it though because it was a Saturday and have done something wrong in the process causing it to somehow corrupt the unit. I home no one has to go what I went though :)

vittorio3@vipmail.hu

Post by vittorio3@vipmail.hu » Wed Feb 12, 2020 6:38 pm

Hi folks!

Finally I got an appointment from my dealership, so I went to have my headunit updated and now it's working. They updated to the same version as kazzoom12 got (36.2.6) and there were no issues at all. It took only 2 hours, and I was ready to go. There was only one catch. They couldn't do it for free, because Opel refused to have it done under warranty (my car still has half a year warranty). I had to pay approx. 110 GBP (calculated from HUF to GBP exchange rate), so it wasn't cheap but it was worth it. Now the radio channel changing is much faster as well, and my front parking radar beeping bug has gone also. Android Auto is working like a charm, and what is more when Google Maps navigation voice is turned on and a music is playing (radio or usb playlist) the music is not turned off while navigation voice is playing, it's now just turning down the volume a little bit.
Anyway there is hope for everyone to resolve this problem by headunit software update.

Those who don't have any chance to have this headunit update done I figured out a workaround. In case you don't want to use Deezer application, you can use Spotify and it's much easier to achive Android Auto 4.7 and above to work on older headunit versions.

Follow these steps, it's 100% working (I used it too before my car's update):
1. Connect your phone to the car's usb port
2. Wait until Android Auto fully started and loaded on your phone
3. Unlock your phone and start Spotify
4. Wait until Spotify fully started and loaded on your phone
5. Now close (kill) spotify application on your phone
6. Finally Android Auto icon would be seen on car's display!

All's well that ends well :)

kazzoom12

Post by kazzoom12 » Thu Feb 13, 2020 4:59 pm

It's nice being able to change the navigation voice volume independently from the radio volume which I couldn't do on the older version.

Timmeh

Post by Timmeh » Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:54 am

I installed the old version, then turned on developer mode on my phone so that it 'never sleeps' while on charge and then updated to the new AA and it works fine.

Something about battery fighting with other apps meaning it wont work, so if you do the developer never sleep thing it fixes that.
2016 Vauxhall Corsa 1.4 EcoFlex 5Dr SRI

Junx

Post by Junx » Sat Apr 11, 2020 4:41 pm

The document I provided relates to Chevrolet vehicles in america with the same model of radio system.

It seems GM have not informed vauxhall about this issue but hopefully after me kicking off and showing them the document they should know about it now.