Can I get Apple car play installed Into my 65 plate corsa?

All Corsa E related discussions
PatrickJake53

Can I get Apple car play installed Into my 65 plate corsa?

Post by PatrickJake53 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:09 am

Hi, I purchased my Vauxhall’s corsa 65 plate last year in may and the dealer at the car shop said it had navigation and that I would be able to mirror my phone on to the screen. When I bought the car, it wouldn’t work and I was told to leave it a few minutes, and it still never worked. The whole point of getting a new car was to get a nav built in. Anyways I complained, but there was nothing I could do.
However, I was wondering if I could install a car play screen in to my Vauxhall’s corsa, and replace the one I have now.
Is there anyway I can do this or am I stuck with a old bog standard screen.
Cheers.
Patrick.

arlo9888

Re: Can I get Apple car play installed Into my 65 plate corsa?

Post by arlo9888 » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:05 am

Might have heard of them already, if not though have a look at intellilinkmods - (https://intellilinkmods.co.uk). Fantastic service and a nice lad who sorted mine out. They honestly work closer to factory standard than the Vauxhall garage. Got a live chat on their site too give them a message.

Smudge194

Post by Smudge194 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 pm

So I bought a 64 plate with no CarPlay, mine just has the old touchscreen radio if I buy a newer radio with the CarPlay on it is it a case of plug and play or do I have to get new cables and dash trim?

devon556

Post by devon556 » Wed May 13, 2020 8:42 pm

Smudge194 wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 pm
So I bought a 64 plate with no CarPlay, mine just has the old touchscreen radio if I buy a newer radio with the CarPlay on it is it a case of plug and play or do I have to get new cables and dash trim?
You need a special adapter, if you buy from Intellilink mods he supplies this, a new unit and new black piano support for about £370, I was a bit nervous about messing around with my car but the kits are really easy to install, the only difficult part is cutting away behind the old unit into the dashboard to make the new unit fit. After that it's just plug in, test and then putting the new trim pieces together. When I bought mine Christopher was doing free reverse cameras with it too if that's something you want.
2015 Corsa SE 1.4 90PS Automatic.