Newby

New to the Corsa E Forums? Introduce yourself here
dat420guy

Newby

Post by dat420guy » Thu May 21, 2020 8:29 pm

Hey all! Glad to become a part of this wealth of information. I recently bought a 'Limited Edition' Corsa 1.0T '15 plate. Red and Black will get some pics up :) It's been a great little car in the short time I've owned it yet, didnt come completely glitch free.

Car101.jpg

I bought it from a used car company and needed a new O/S Front Wiper elbow as the one that was on there had excessively worn and was making the blades catch on each other . Got that sorted. Then it kinda felt really lumpy, I know its a 3 Cylinder engine and i suppose the vibrations are quite different to a standard 4 cylinder. But, considering it is turbo aspirated it still seems quite slow to respond. I have not checked this problem yet but took it back to the customer care team for them to check it out.

It was apparently the coil pack needed replacing due to misfire. I got the car back after the work was done and to be honest, didn't feel any different so im looking into it myself just haven't been able to find much info on it so far or im looking in the wrong places lol... so here i find myself :)

my most recent issue has been the boot release. or the lack of it to get the damn thing open lol. the button under the badge doesnt seem to do anything. ive read a thread on here about it but doesnt seem to be relevant to my model or its just me lol.

Anyway thanks all and hopefully i might be of some assistance to someone else sometime :)

Rickardo

Re: Newby

Post by Rickardo » Fri May 22, 2020 12:23 pm

Get yourself an OBD2 code reader so you can see if there are any fault codes stored in the ECU

Someone may correct me but the 1.0 turbo 3 cylinder comes as separate coils rather than a pack like the 4 cylinder engine. Did they replace all the coils?

Check the condition of the spark plugs. VX recommend these are changed every 4 years which is too long in my book

Sounds like water ingress re Boot release. You need to take the trim off and investigate

When you open the boot lid check the rubber hose on top left to see if it has split

Nickosnose

Re: Newby

Post by Nickosnose » Sat May 23, 2020 8:57 am

Welcome to the forum....Same car as we've had for the last 3 years and ours has never missed a beat...

The coils are individual and it may be worth changing the plugs as VX service intervals say 4 years so they may not have been done..

You don't say what power output you have but our 115ps pulls really strong and is very smooth..

Best advice i can give is that i change the oil twice a year using dexos1 and only use a good quailty fuel,none of that supermarket stuff as these engines have been known to fail with piston3 damage....

And as Boris would say....STAY ALERT!!!